Saturday, March 28, 2009

Week 6: Collaboration! Online Applications & Tools





Take a look at some online productivity (word processing, spreadsheet) tools.


Discovery Exercise:


Log into your gmail account

Explore the site and create a some test documents.

Try out Google Docs features and create a blog post about your discoveries.

Wikis
Learn about wikis and discover some innovative ways that libraries are using them. Visit this Blog Entry about WIKIS

Everyone who has registered their blog has added an entry to the Learning 2.0 SandBox wiki.

So you have already covered this 2.0 Thing. I snuck that one in on you. Relax and put your feet up.

Blog Exercise:

Blog about how wikis could be useful to DCPL. And try to comment on this blog. Just a hello so I know you are out there.






5 comments:

  1. yippie. I'm the first comment.
    Hello.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Alicia,

    So you don't think you're getting enough feedback from all of us?? We need to do a better job then! It's 4:22 pm on Monday, March 30th. I'm at the check in station...hmm...checking in..hahaha Can you tell me what you are doing at this time? : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's Wednesday and I am just now looking at our assignment for this week. I am a little behind so I am glad to see that I am familiar with all of the exercises. The PLA bootcamp group used google docs to share notes about the week...it is an excellent tool.
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  4. I scanned all 473 documents in Google Docs. A lot of duplicate ideas.

    We have played some with Wikis. Maybe a good place to throw around ideas and use a 'think bank'. I am not sure how wikis would be useful. Maybe a way to communicate with patrons in Public Services and Information Services. Help students with homework, help someone discover a new author or help search a reference question. There has got to be a way to get a handle on all this technology.

    ReplyDelete